Saturday, July 21, 2012

Second Time Stenciling

After my first attempt at stenciling and seeing the results, I was ready to try again. Doing it correctly this time. Or so I thought.

I got my wax paper out and what I wanted to stencil on and cut off a length of paper.

Most of the tutorials I read talked about printing on the paper the cutting it out with an Exacto knife or with a pair of scissors. I was ready to do this before I remebered something important.

We have a Cricut! Hello! stick the wax paper to the mat, waxy side down, and have it cut out your image. Genius!



Once I did that, I went and ironed the paper to what I was working on. (We'll come back to this part.) Then I used my paint and painted onver the stencil.


Another wonderful jar of 50 cents paint.

When I was taking the stencil off, the first thing I noticed was that getting the middle off presented somewhat of a challenge. The second thing I noticed is that I left bubbles when I ironed on the paper and the paint seeped under. (I have quite a seepage problem.) But, like my last project, it grows on me and while it's not exactly what I wanted, I think it's nice and I'll do something with it.








No comments:

Post a Comment