Thursday, July 19, 2012

First Time Stenciling

I've been seeing posts everywhere talking about the wonders of freezer paper stenciling. SOme of my favorites are here and here. I recently found some amazing fabric paint for an unbelievable price. I figured this was the perfect time to finally try it. However, I jumped the gun.


50 cents for the jar. How could I say no?

I was using my Mom's Cricut making some Thank You cards and I though, 'Why not use some thick paper for a stencil?' And off I went. I don't think anyone will be surprised when I say it didn't go exactly as I wanted. 




I used black paper so, when the paint seeped under the edges, it darkened in places. Not a crazy amount but enough to notice.



I guess sometimes you have to do something wrong to see why you HAVE to do it right. My new plan is to do what I did last time EXCEPT use freezer paper and iron it to the fabric so the paint won't seep through and won't change color.

Post to come of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment