Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finished Pinterest Project

(If you don't know what Pinterest is, it's an incredibly addicting site where you can 'pin' all sorts of fabulous and amazing things to a board. An online corkboard if you will.)

I'll be the first to admit, I've pinned projects or crafts on Pinterest telling myself that I'll totally do them. Then life gets in the way and when looking at my boards, I suddenly realize haven't done a single blessed craft/project.

For some reason, last night at 7:30, I just had to make a new kind of bracelet. I went to Pinterest, looked at a couple of bracelet projects I had pinned and decided on the Leather Wrapped Bead Bracelet.

I had a couple of different tutorials pinned




And Here

I took most of my cues from the second post since I didn't have leather or anything like it to sew through but,  I do like the idea of wrapping a material around the leather or leather substitute. Nonetheless, I didn't follow the second one to the letter in almost any respect but, just took the bits and pieces that I preferred felt like doing.

For mine, I took apart some bracelets I got from Claire's during their many amazing 10 Items for $10 sales to get the wooden beads. (DO NOT under estimate these sales. Lots of crafting supplies, little money.) I had borrowed commandeered my Dad's fishing line a LONG time ago to use for the tutorials' beading string and needle and thread. I also already had the cottony cord type stuff from when a went through a macrame it-can't-even-fully-be-called-a-phase-it-was-so-short to use instead of leather. Add all these things together you get the following bracelet.


Not Bad For 20 Minutes In Not Great Light, Huh?

I have firm plans to make more with different materials and incorporating more elements from the tutorials and throwing in my own little somethin' somethin' too.

What about you? Have you done something you found on Pinterest? I'd love to hear. 
Feel free to leave a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment