Thursday, October 25, 2012

A New Obsession

I have discovered a new and fantastic way to make friendship bracelets. It's called kumihimo. I don;t know the history or anything like that but I know it's a lot easier than the traditional way.

To make a kumihimo bracelet, you first need a wheel, like the one below.


You can go to the site printed on the wheel, a.k.a. here, to make you're own wheel. If you print one, I would suggest gluing the paper to some cardboard to strengthen it.

The same website where you can print the wheel also has patterns and tutorials to make all styles.

I have tried a few patterns and have fell in love with one in particular.


I've made it so many different colors and lengths, it could very be classified as an obsession. Below are some of my color combos.




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment