Thursday, August 23, 2012

Work In Progress

In my aimless hours of hanging out on Pinterest, I found this Pin.
perler/Hama bead bracelets


I loved them. I already had/have an obsession with making bracelets of the string variety so, this would be perfect. 

My family recently participated in a Kidsignments sale. (Kidsignments is a MEGA, and I truly mean mega, consignment sales for children's clothing, toys, furniture, and maternity clothes.) Somewhere in the midst of it all, all the hama/perler beads that I ever had were sold, of course. So I went to one of my favorite stores, JoAnn's in search of some.

I was on a bit of a tight budget when I went to JoAnn's. Lucky for me, I was armed with a 50% off coupon. I picked up the needles that would prove to be extremely useful in making one of these bracelets and went looking for beads. 

One bag of 1000 beads, all the same color, was $1.99. One of those sets with the boards and 2000 different color beads was $7.99. Remember when I said I was cheap thrifty? Well, with that in mind, none of these combinations were working for me. I finally found a bucket of 6000 different color beads with some boards for $9.99. I thought, "Finally, it's on the high end of my budget but, it'll work." The buckets came in two different colors schemes and as I was looking at the schemes, I found a bucket with a dent in it. I then became more excited because I knew I could get a 'damaged' discount. I went up to the register to check out and ask about the discount, expecting for them to tell me it would be like 10% or something and the cashier told me it would be 75% off. Score! I was also able to use my 50% coupon on the needles. That's $12 worth of materials for $3.50 after tax. Words cannot describe how excited I was. Can you tell I like to save money.

Now that I have bored you with my savings story, let's get to the crafting part of it all.

I followed the instructions to get started and made my own pattern from there. Here is the result after about 15 minutes. The weaving didn't take that long but, picking the beads out of the bucket took awhile.



Check back soon to see the final results.


No comments:

Post a Comment