Thursday, August 23, 2012

Third Time's the Charm

So I guess the saying is true. After two previous attempts at stenciling, once with paper, once with freezer paper and with mixed feelings about the results, I finally feel like I hit the nail on the head. 




A family friend recently purchased the Damask Decor cartridge for the Cricut. This cartridge is simply amazingly beautiful and gorgeous. I was kinda scared to use it for the stenciling because I thought all the little pieces might be too much to handle. Lucky for me, this cartridge has a Silhouette feature that simplifies the images to the perfect level for stenciling. 

Once I had the image cut out, I took plenty of time ironing down the paper so I wouldn't have any bubbles and seepage. I probably took to much time since I may be a rather staunch neat freak so, if the pieces of the stencil didn't line up, it drove me crazy.



I then proceeded to paint over the stencil with yet another jar of 50 cents paints, let it dry, remove the stencil, and perceive a wonderful feeling of elation of a project going totally right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment