Monday, February 11, 2013

Tassel Necklace

Another project I tackled last Saturday was this tassel necklace


I really just used the photo for inspiration, not looking at how the original poster did it. 

I knew I could make tassels from my incredible stash of embroidery floss. So, I did.

To make the tassel, I made a a loop, strung the chain through, wrapped off a section of the loop toward the chain, and cut the bottom end of the loop in half. (Reminded me of making yarn angels when I was little.)


(Note my lovely chalkboard tray I also made that Saturday)

I put my own spin on it by just doing one long tassel instead of multiple short ones. No, it had nothing to do with the fact that my incredible stash of embroidery floss wasn't conducive to the Ombre look.

I love these chains so much. I found them with initial charms on them at Michael's for 25 cents. 
25 CENTS!!!

You can't get 20" of colored ball chain for 25 cents. Plus, I figured I could always figure out something to do with the letters. I think I'm noticing a trend with me and Michael's Clearance.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day/


No comments:

Post a Comment